view all images ( of 7 shown)

Partners: network

Kelly C. Brandon, William Hodder Carleton, Jerome R. Ernst, Gene Edward Hanson, James E. Hussey, Phillip Lee Jacobson, Allen Donald Moses, George Carl Oistad Jr.

Active 1969-1997

The Richardson Associates (TRA) was known previously as Young, Richardson, and Carleton, Architects and Engineers, and Engineers from 1957-1967. Young, Richardson and Carleton Partners in 1957 included: Stephen H. Richardson, William H. Carleton, Allen D. Moses, Phillip L. Jacobson, James E. Hussey and John L. Rogers. The firm became The Richardson Associates in 1969 with: Stephen Richardson, William Carleton, Allen Moses, Phillip Jacobson, James Hussey and John Rogers. In 1990, TRA's partners consisted of Allen Moses, Phillip Jacobson, Jerome Ernst, Edward McCagg, George Oistad, Carl Robart, Gerald Williams and Howard Williamson. At this time, the firm employed about 180 people and had offices in Seattle, WA, Boston, MA, Denver, CO, and Anchorage, AK. For 28 years, TRA occupied the former Seattle Chamber of Commerce Building, from 1969-1997. During its occupation, the building was known as the TRA Columbia Building. TRA later became part of the engineering, consulting and construction company, Black and Veatch, based in Kansas City, MO. (Black and Veatch began operations in 1915, and has grown into a worldwide construction firm, one of the Fortune 500 Largest Private Companies in the US, and builder of many power plants and water treatment facilities.)

PCAD id: 1666