AKA: University of Washington, Seattle, Foster, Michael G., School of Business Administration, MacKenzie, Donald, Hall, Seattle, WA

Structure Type: built works - public buildings - schools - university buildings

Designers: Decker and Christenson, Architects (firm); Kirk, Wallace, McKinley AIA and Associates, Architects (firm); Waldo Barrickman Christenson (architect); Ralf Edward Decker (architect); Paul Hayden Kirk (architect); David A. McKinley Jr. (architect); Donald Sheridan Wallace (architect)

Dates: constructed 1958-1960

2 stories

University of Washington, Seattle, WA

OpenStreetMap (new tab)
Google Map (new tab)
click to view google map

Building Notes

Construction on MacKenzine Hall began in late 1958 and was almost half-completed in 05/1959, according to a Seattle Times photo. (See "Nearly Half Done," Seattle Times, 05/15/1959, p. 20.)

The College of Business Administration at the University of Washington named this building after Donald H. MacKenzie, who served in the Department of Accounting for 22 years and as Chair from 1949-1955.

In 2009, this was one of five buildings occupied by the Foster School of Business on the Seattle campus and in Kirkland, WA. Although Balmer Hall (built at the same time by the same architects) was demolished in 2010, Mackenzie Hall was preserved during this 2009-2012 Foster School building campaign.

PCAD id: 8531