view all images ( of 2 shown)

Partners: network

James Lee Burton, John Parkinson

Active 1894-1895

Firm Notes

The firm of Burton and Parkinson was based in Los Angeles, CA; Burton, an established architect in Los Angeles, formed the partnership in mid-September 1894 with a newcomer to the city, John Parkinson; Parkinson operated a healthy practice in Seattle, WA, until the Depression of 1893 halted most building in that city; Parkinson was seventeen years younger than Burton.

In 1895, the firm operated in Rooms #94-95 of the Stowell Block, at 226 South Spring Street. (See Los Angeles, California, City Directory, 1895, p. 1506.) The Stowell Building was named for the Stowell Cement Pipe Company which operated in Room #4 in 1895. (See Los Angeles, California, City Directory, 1895, p. 1319.)

PCAD id: 87