AKA: Engineers' Club, Metropolitan Tract, Seattle, WA

Structure Type: built works - recreation areas and structures

Designers: Gould, Carl F., Sr., Architect (firm); Howells and Stokes, Architects (firm); Carl Freylinghausen Gould Sr. (architect); John Mead Howells (architect); Isaac Newton Phelps Stokes (architect)

Dates: constructed 1909-1910

2 stories

5th Avenue and Seneca Street
Downtown, Seattle, WA 98101

OpenStreetMap (new tab)
Google Map (new tab)
click to view google map
NW corner Fifth Avenue and Seneca Street;

The Metropolitan Building Company (MBC) developed the first College Club Building, on a parcel in the Metropolitan Tract, the former location of the University of Washington's first campus. In its lease arrangements with the University, the MBC considered this a "temporary" building.

The College Club occupied the northwest corner of the 5th Avenue and Seneca Street intersection.

Library was remodeled in 1912 by New York architects, Howells and Stokes, in association with the Seattle architect, Carl F. Gould.

Moved; In 1922, the building was known as the "Engineers' Club." The College Club/Engineers' Club was purchased by the Plymouth Congregational Church and moved to a site adjacent to the church.

PCAD id: 6215