Structure Type: built works - public buildings - fire stations

Designers: Bebb and Mendel, Architects (firm); Owings and Associates, Architects (firm); Charles Herbert Bebb ; Louis Leonard Mendel Sr. (architect)

Dates: constructed 1910-1911

5427 Russell Avenue Northwest
Ballard, Seattle, WA 98107-4015

OpenStreetMap (new tab)
Google Map (new tab)
click to view google map
Google Streetview (new tab)
click to view google map
An alternate address was 5429 Russell Street.

This building served as a fire station for 62 years, and was threatened with demolition in the 1970s. In 2007, it housed a restaurant. A "S. Cameron" signed plans of the firehouse for the Owings firm on 10/26/1977.

Designated a City of Seattle Historic Landmark; a 1975 architectural survey led by Prof. Folke Nyberg at the University of Washington considered the building to be "Significant to the City."

Owings and Associates, Architects of Portland, OR, worked on renovations to the Old Ballard Fire House in 1977-1978.

Seattle Historic Landmark: ID n/a

PCAD id: 5417