Structure Type: built works - infrastructure - transportation structures - bridges

Designers: Brunnier, H.J. , Associates, Structural Engineers (firm); Henry John Brunnier Sr. (structural engineer); George William Kelham (architect)

Dates: constructed 1926-1927

Hilgard Avenue
Westwood, Los Angeles, CA

OpenStreetMap (new tab)
Google Map (new tab)
click to view google map

George Kelham, architect, and H.J. Brunnier, structural engineer, collaborated on the design of this bridge that spanned a canyon near the Founders Rock at the entrance of the new UCLA Campus. The bridge carried cement trucks and other heavy equipment from Hilgard Avenue into the campus construction site in 1927. The bridge was demolished during a massive landscaping campaign that filled in much of the canyon, creating new space for buildings on the northeast side of campus.


PCAD id: 10259