Male, born 1880-11-04, died 1957-08-27

Associated with the firms network

Williams, Harry, Architect; Williams, Williams and Williams, Architects AIA


Professional History

Résumé

Partner, Schenck and Williams, Architects, Dayton, OH, c. 1905-1956. The Schenck and Williams Office was located in Room 432 of the Arcade Building, near the Ludlow Street entrance. (See Dayton, Ohio, City Directory, 1905, p. 1454.) In 1918, Schenck and Williams had an office in Room #908 of the Mutual Home Building. In 1937, Schenck and Williams maintained an office at 32 North Main Street, Room #1406. (See Dayton, Ohio, City Directory, 1937, p. 1367.) In 1942, Williams continued to have his business address in Room #1406 of the Third National Bank Building in Dayton. (See Ancestry.com, Source Citation The National Archives at St. Louis; St. Louis, Missouri; World War II Draft Cards (4th Registration) for the State of Ohio; Record Group Title: Records of the Selective Service System, 1926-1975; Record Group Number: 147, accessed 08/13/2019 and Dayton, Ohio, City Directory, 1942, p. 1973.) It continued at this location until at least 1956, under the direction of Harry I. Schenck. (See Dayton, Ohio, City Directory, 1956, p. 528.) Harry Williams seems to have transferred his practice to Palm Springs by 1946. The Dayton firm became "Schenck, Brower and Associates" by c. 1959. (See Dayton, Ohio, City Directory, 1959, p. 516.)

President, The Icyeast Corporation, Dayton, OH, 1931-1934. (See Dayton, Ohio, City Directory, 1931, p. 1477 and Dayton, Ohio, City Directory, 1934, p. 1264.)

Partner, Harry J. Williams, E. Stewart Williams and H. Roger Williams, Architects AIA, Palm Springs, CA, 1946-1957.

Education

High School/College

Harry J. Williams attended public schools in Ithaca, NY.

B.Arch., Cornell, University, Ithaca, NY, 1903.

Personal

Relocation

He and his wife lived at 117 North Rockwood Avenue in Dayton, OH, in 1905. (See Dayton, Ohio, City Directory, 1905, p. 1454.) They dwelled at 502 North Grafton Avenue in 1908. (See Dayton, Ohio, City Directory, 1908. p. 1238.)

In 1918, Williams and his family resided at 224 West Harvard Boulevard in Dayton, OH, where they remained until after World War II. At one time, the street was renumbered, and their address became 1224 West Harvard Boulevard.

By 1946, they had re-established themselves in Palm Springs, CA.

Harry Williams had two sons--Roger and E. Stewart--who joined him in the Palm Springs, CA, firm, Williams, Williams and Williams, Architects AIA, in 1946.



Associated Locations

PCAD id: 3656