Structure Type: built works - dwellings - houses

Designers: Williams, Williams and Williams, Architects AIA (firm); Emerson Stewart Williams (architect); H. Roger Williams ; Harry J. Williams (architect)

Dates: constructed 1954

Palm Springs, CA

OpenStreetMap (new tab)
Google Map (new tab)
click to view google map

Overview

Palm Springs architect E. Stewart Williams (1909-2005) designed this residence for William and Marjorie Edris in 1954. Born in Eugene, OR, William Edris (1893-1969) received his law degree from the University of Washington School of Law, before joining the Skinner-Eddy Corporation, a firm that began as a shipbuilder (1916-1923) and later operated steamship lines and Alaskan canneries. Edris married Frances Louise Skinner, daughter of David and Jeannette Skinner, co-owners of the Skinner-Eddy Corporation. Edris developed real estate interests of his own, accumulating significant hotel properties including the Olympic and Roosevelt Hotels in Seattle and the Davenport Hotel in Spokane. He commissioned Williams to design him a Palm Springs showplace, where he passed away in 1969.

PCAD id: 7558