Structure Type: built works - public buildings - schools - university buildings

Designers: Heath, Gove and Bell, Architects (firm); Lea, Pearson, and Richards, Architects (firm); Herbert A. Bell (architect); George Gove (architect); Frederick Henry Heath (architect); Lea (architect); Pearson (architect); John Greenway Richards (architect)

Dates: constructed 1951

University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98195

OpenStreetMap (new tab)
Google Map (new tab)
click to view google map
Located on the University of Washington campus;

In 1997, Barclay and Sharon Simpson donated $5 million in honor of his father, Walter Chapin Simpson, to the University of Washington Humanities Center. The Simpson Center for the Humanities was established on the second floor of the Communications Building in 2007. For the period 1997-2007, the center occupied a trailer on campus.

PCAD id: 8745