AKA: University of Washington, Seattle, Gatzert Building, Seattle, WA

Structure Type: built works - exhibition buildings - exposition buildings

Designers: Fay, Russell and Babcock, Architects (firm); Everett Phipps Babcock (architect); Ulysses Grant Fay (architect); Ambrose J. Russell (architect)

Dates: constructed 1908-1909, demolished 1922

University of Washington, Seattle, WA

OpenStreetMap (new tab)
Google Map (new tab)
click to view google map

Seattle architects Fay, Russell and Bacock were credited with the Masonic Building's design. The firm did not operate past 1911 under this name, and in 1910-1911, it had an office in Room 335, Central Building, Seattle, WA.

This was another building built for the Exposition and reused subsequently by the University of Washington. Others included the Fine Arts Building that became Bagley and later Architecture Hall, and the Administration Building that was reused as the first UW Law School.

Demolished in 1922.

PCAD id: 8170