AKA: P, G & E Co., Main Offices, San Francisco, CA; P, G and E Office Building, San Francisco, CA

Structure Type: built works - commercial buildings - corporate headquarters; built works - commercial buildings - office buildings

Designers: Bakewell and Brown, Architects (firm); Dames & Moore, Engineers (firm); Forell / Elsesser Engineers, Incorporated (firm); Kendall/Heaton Associates, Incorporated, Architects (firm); Page and Turnbull, Incorporated (firm); Weihe, Frick and Kruse, Architects (firm); John Bakewell Jr. (architect); Arthur Brown Jr. (architect); Dames (engineer); Eric Elsesser (structural engineer); Peter Flack (mechanical engineer); Nicholas Forell (structural engineer); Edward L. Frick (architect); Lawrence A. Kruse (architect); Norman David Kurtz (mechanical engineer); Phyllis Martin-Vegue (interior designer); Moore (engineer); Lamberto Moris (architect); George W. Page (architect); Catherine J. Simon (architect); John Gordon Turnbull (architect); Ernest E. Weihe (architect); Jon Peter Winkelstein (architect)

Dates: constructed 1924-1926

San Francisco, CA

OpenStreetMap (new tab)
Google Map (new tab)
click to view google map

The utility purchased the adjoining Matson Lines Office Building by Bliss and Faville (1921) in 1972 to enlarge its headquarters;

Weihe, Frick and Kruse, Architects, made additions to the P,G, and E Main Offices in 1948; John Bakewell, Jr., and Arthur Brown, acted as Associate Architects on this 1948 addition. Page and Turnbull, Architects, supervised the historic renovation, c. 2000; Simon Martin-Vegue Winkelstein Moris, Architects, were the design architects on this refurnbishment; Kendall/Heaton were the architects of record; Forell/Elsesser Engineering acted as Structural Engineers; Dames & Moore were the Geotechnical Engineers; Flack + Kurtz were the Mechanical Engineers;

PCAD id: 3631