AKA: Seattle Pacific University, Alexander Hall, Queen Anne, Seattle, WA; Seattle Seminary, Red Brick Building, Ross Station, Seattle, WA

Structure Type: built works - public buildings - schools - university buildings

Designers: Parkinson, John, Architect (firm); John Parkinson (architect)

Dates: constructed 1892-1893

4 stories

Seattle Pacific University Campus, Seattle, WA

OpenStreetMap (new tab)
Google Map (new tab)
click to view google map

Alexander Hall was the first building on the new Seattle Seminary Campus, built on 5 acres of land donated by Nils B. Peterson, a local resident. John Parkinson completed the design of this Richardsonian Romanesque college building just before he relocated to Los Angeles, CA, during the Depression of 1893.

Alexander Hall is a 40-foot by 75-foot rectangular building, four stories high, brick faced, with towers placed at all 4 corners. Each tower is topped by a hipped roof.

An addition was added in recent years.

PCAD id: 14834