Structure Type: built works - public buildings - schools; built works - religious structures

Designers: Boone and Meeker, Architects (firm); William Ely Boone (architect); George Cook Meeker (architect)

Dates: constructed 1883-1884

611 Division Avenue
Stadium District, Tacoma, WA 98403-3126

OpenStreetMap (new tab)
Google Map (new tab)
click to view google map
Google Streetview (new tab)
click to view google map
Division Avenue and North 1st Street

Building History

This girls school was established in 1883 in Tacoma, WA. A second Tudor Revival campus, completed in 1924, replaced this first school. Seattle architects, Boone and Meeker designed the first school building, winning a local design competition in 07/1883. (See Jeffrey Karl Ochsner and Dennis Andersen, Distant Corner, Seattle Architects and the Legacy of H.H. Richardson, [Seattle, WA: University of Washington Press, 2003], p. 34.)

Building Notes

The Annie Wright Seminary #1 was located at 611 Division Avenue in the Stadium District of Tacoma, WA.

Demolished;

PCAD id: 14184