Originally accessed:
City of Concord, CA
This house was built in 1856 for Don Francisco Galindo and his wife, Maria Dolores Manuela (Pacheco) Galindo, Don Salvio Pacheco's second daughter. At that time, it was one of the few Victorian ranch houses in the county. When their oldest son, Juan "John" Galindo and his bride, Marina "Sarah" (Amador) Galindo took up residence in 1880, the original six-room house was expanded to ten rooms. After their eldest child, Frederick, and Catherine (Hittman) Galindo were married in 1911, title was transferred to the next generation. Following Mrs. Catherine Galindo's death in 1966, the house continued to be the residence of her children Harold, Ruth and Leonora. As the last, direct descendant of the family, Ms. Ruth Galindo resided in the home until her death in December 1999. With distribution of her estate, the house and its surrounding property of approximately 1.5 acres were deeded to the City of Concord to be preserved for public use as a house museum and park." The city of Concord website also featured the October 2001 master plan of the property done by Page and Turnbull, Architects;
Associated With: