Accessed at URL:
Originally accessed:
California Institute of Technology, Caltech Institute Archives
"In its first year, 1891, the school occupied rented quarters in the Wooster Block. This building still stands on the southeast corner of the intersection of Fair Oaks and Green Street. In 1892 the campus was moved to a site bordered by Raymond Avenue to the west and Chestnut Street to the south. This location today is across Raymond Avenue from St. Andrew's Church and bordered on the north by the 210 Freeway. In 1910, with the building of Throop Hall by the architects Elmer Grey and Myron Hunt on the present site, the old campus buildings were leased and then finally demolished in the 1920s."
Associated With: