Originally accessed:
City of Seattle, Department of Neighborhoods
"The building was commissioned by Samuel E. Squires, who had become rich during the Klondike Gold Rush and was originally known as the Squires Building. Over the years, the “s” was dropped and the building been known as the “Squire Building.” Not only is this building associated directly with the area’s economic and physical growth as a result of the Klondike Gold Rush, but it is interesting in terms of Charles Bebb’s career. It dates from Bebb’s early practice before the Bebb and Mendel partnership was formed in 1901. The building appears to be virtually intact. Its architectural interest derives in part from the original use of metal panels and the detailing of the loggia at the top of the façade, in addition to the general proportions of its elements. It is an important contributing building."
Associated With: