view all images ( of 3 shown)

Partners: network

Almeric William Sylvester Coxhead, Ernest Albert Coxhead

Active 1890-1928

Firm Notes

According to architectural historian Richard Longstreth, all "work designed from 1890 on was under the firm name of Coxhead & Coxhead." (See Richard Longstreth,On the Edge of the World, [New York: Architectural History Foundation, and Cambridge, MA: MIT Press, 1983], p. 394.) The firm lasted until Almeric's death in 1928.

Coxhead and Coxhead, Architects, operated first in Los Angeles, CA and, later, San Francisco, CA.

It opened an office in the Wilcox Block, Los Angeles, during the construction of the Edwin T. Earl House, there in 01/1898.

PCAD id: 334