Structure Type: built works - public buildings - schools - university buildings

Designers: Howells and Albertson, Architects (firm); Abraham Horace Albertson (architect); John Mead Howells (architect)

Dates: constructed 1922, demolished 1977

4 stories

Downtown, Seattle, WA

OpenStreetMap (new tab)
Google Map (new tab)
click to view google map

Architecture firm Howells and Albertson created a spare, low-cost composition for the White-Henry-Stuart Building Annex. They created a simplified Georgian design with the first floor faced in terra cotta, the upper three floors faced in variegated brick. The cornice line had some modest ornamentation, with a strigil band separated by garlands. above which stood a balustraded parapet. A narrow, slightly recessed bay joined the annex with the main building. The new entry foyer was lit by an arched window derived from Roman thermae.

In 1950, a spacious toy shop occupied one corner of the White-Henry-Stuart Building Annex.

This Annex to the White-Henry-Stuart Building was added in 1922 by the original architects, Howells and Albertson.

Demolished in 1977.

PCAD id: 9545