Structure Type: built works - public buildings - schools - university buildings

Designers: Bebb and Gould, Architects (firm); Liddle and Jones, Architects (firm); Charles Herbert Bebb ; Carl Freylinghausen Gould Sr. (architect); Alan Curtis Liddle (architect)

Dates: constructed 1920

University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98195

OpenStreetMap (new tab)
Google Map (new tab)
click to view google map

This facility was named for Charles W. Harris, a Professor of Civil Engineering at the University of Washington from 1906-1951. It housed civil engineering and bioengineering faculty and research spaces.

In 2009, this building was not in use.

To the south of the original Gothic Revival structure, Liddle and Jones designed an addition to the building in 1960. This addition featured a novel white cinderblock screen on its south end and creatively angled piers on its east and west sides.

PCAD id: 9491