Structure Type: built works - performing arts structures - theatres

Designers: Schultz - Miller Incorporated, Building Contractors (firm); Weinstein / Copeland Architects (firm); Lee G. Copeland (architect); Douglas Hansen (glass artisan); Miller (building contractor); Schultz (building contractor); Edward Weinstein (architect)

Dates: [unspecified]

2044 NW Market Street
Ballard, Seattle, WA 98107-4012

OpenStreetMap (new tab)
Google Map (new tab)
click to view google map
Google Streetview (new tab)
click to view google map

This tri-plex movie theatre, replaced the Majestic Theatre, that had operated since 1915. Owners Ken and Marleen Alhadeff were forced to demolish the previous building rather than restore it, due to its poor condition. The three theatres were named for the Alhadeff's children: the 300-seat venue named "Aaron," for the eldest son, and two 100-seat theatres, named "Andrea" and "Alison." Cost over-runs inflated the expected cost from between $1-2 million to $5 million by project's end.

Tel: 206-781-2229 (2007); the Alhadeff Family once owned Longacres Racetrack.

PCAD id: 8733