Structure Type: built works - public buildings - schools - university buildings

Designers: Whitehouse and Price, Architects (firm); Ernest V. Price (architect); Harold Clarence Whitehouse (architect)

Dates: constructed 1950

University of Washington, Seattle, Campus, Seattle, WA 98195

OpenStreetMap (new tab)
Google Map (new tab)
click to view google map

Building History

The Spokane-based architectural firm of Whitehouse and Price designed both the University of Washington's Music and Art Buildings, both completed in 1950. These two Gothic / Elizabethan buildings closed off the northeast end of the Humanities Quadrangle begun in the late 1910s.

Building Notes

An addition to the Music Building was considered in 1967, one matching Alfred Croonquist's Art Building addition to the north. The UW Admnistration could not find funds to erect this pendant addition for Music.

Alteration

An interior addition was finished in 1980.

PCAD id: 8707