AKA: Tacoma General Hospital, Tacoma, WA

Structure Type: built works - public buildings - hospitals

Designers: [unspecified]

Dates: [unspecified]

2 stories

view all images ( of 1 shown)

Overview

The Fannie C. Paddock Memorial Hospital operated in 1895 on J Street between South 3rd and South 4th Streets in Tacoma, WA. Dr. Charles McCutcheon served as its Superintendent and Physician in Charge. (See R.L. Polk and Company's Tacoma, Washington, City Directory, 1895, p. 253.) The hospital went by the primary name, "Tacoma General Hospital" by 1913.

Building Notes

In 1913, Samuel M. Jackson was the President of the Tacoma General Hospital; William Virges was its vice-president; Charles A. Foster, its secretary; and Chester Thorne, its treasurer. The hospital also served as a training center for nurses in 1913. (See R.L. Polk and Company's Tacoma, Washington, City Directory, 1913, ad between p. 712 and 713.)

PCAD id: 24072