AKA: UW Tacoma Campus, Phase 2a, Tacoma, WA

Structure Type: representations - drawings - plans

Designers: Absher Construction Company (firm); Loschky Marquardt and Nesholm (LMN), Architects (firm); Moore Ruble Yudell Architects (firm); Daniel Absher (building contractor); George Henry Loschky (architect); Judsen Robert Marquardt (architect); Charles Willard Moore (architect); John Frank Nesholm (architect); John Ruble (architect); Robert Yudell (architect)

Dates: constructed 2000-2001

1748 Jefferson Avenue
University of Washington Tacoma (UWT) Campus, Tacoma, WA 98402

OpenStreetMap (new tab)
Google Map (new tab)
click to view google map
Google Streetview (new tab)
click to view google map

Building History

The Santa Monica-based architectural firm of Moore Ruble Yudell and the Seattle firm of Loschky, Marquardt and Nesholm (LMN), produced a master plan design for the University of Washington, Tacoma (UWT), in 2000-2001. John Yudell led the Moore Ruble Yudell team.

The $15.6 million Phase 2a of this master plan was described by the Daily Journal of Commerce in 2001: "The Central Complex will add a major three-story Science Building and the smaller “Keystone” structure. These two new structures will be linked with a pedestrian overpass above the railroad for improved access between upper and lower campus areas. The Central Complex project will provide significant landscape development with the extension of the central pedestrian stair and ramp complex between Commerce Street and Jefferson Avenue, and the associated surface crossing of the Burlington Northern Santa Fe Railroad." (See Daily Journal of Commerce.com, "Washington State Top Public Projects 2000," accessed 09/20/2017.) Absher Construction of Puyallup, WA, served as the project's building contractor.

PCAD id: 21474