AKA: St. Aidan's Church #2, San Francisco, CA

Structure Type: built works - religious structures

Designers: Skidmore, Owings and Merrill, (SOM), San Francisco, CA (firm); Edward Charles Bassett (architect); John Ogden Merrill (architect); Nathaniel Alexander Owings (architect); Louis Skidmore Sr. (architect)

Dates: constructed 1962-1963

101 Gold Mine Drive
Diamond Heights, San Francisco, CA 94131

OpenStreetMap (new tab)
Google Map (new tab)
click to view google map
Google Streetview (new tab)
click to view google map

Building History

This congregation, founded in 1954, originally occupied an existing church in the Cole Valley Neighborhood of San Francisco. According to the Saint Aidan's web site: "In 1962 the Diamond Heights developers, in order to fulfill their obligation to provide for a spiritual presence in the neighborhood, granted St. Aidan’s the land for its present site. Our present sanctuary was built, and we opened our doors for worship in 1963." (See "About Us,"Accessed 08/17/2011.)

Building Notes

Tel: 415.285.9540 (2018).

PCAD id: 16796