Structure Type: built works - public buildings - schools - university buildings; built works - religious structures - chapels

Designers: Thiry, Paul, FAIA, Architect (firm); Paul Albert Thiry Sr. (architect)

Dates: constructed 1967-1968

1 story

South Frank Manor Drive
Lewis and Clark College Campus, Portland, OR 97219


The Agnes Flanagan Chapel, able to seat 650, opened officially to the Lewis and Clark College community in 02/1969.

Building History

The Seattle architect Paul A. Thiry, Sr., (1904-1993) designed the unusual, 16-sided Agnes Flanagan Chapel on the campus of Lewis and Clark College. Its dedication occurred in 02/1969. A standard organ could not be easily accommodated by the design and had to be suspended from the chapel's ceiling.

PCAD id: 16614