AKA: First National Bank of Portland, Main Office #3, Downtown, Portland, OR; Oregon Pioneer Savings and Loan Association, Headquarters, Downtown, Portland, OR

Structure Type: built works - commercial buildings - banks (buildings)

Designers: Coolidge and Shattuck, Architects (firm); George Cutler Shattuck (architect)

Dates: constructed 1916

view all images ( of 1 shown)

401 SW 5th Avenue
Downtown, Portland, OR 97204

OpenStreetMap (new tab)
Google Map (new tab)
click to view google map
Google Streetview (new tab)
click to view google map

Building History

The Boston architectural firm of Coolidge and Shattuck, which had a specialty in bank design, planned the 1st National Bank of Portland's Headquarters, completed in 1916. Coolidge and Shattuck, which operated between 1916 and 1924, was one of the successor firms of the great, Louisiana-born, architect H.H. Richardson (1838-1886).

Portland Historical Landmark: ID n/a

National Register of Historic Places (Listed 1974-10-15): 74001707 NRHP Images (pdf) NHRP Registration Form (pdf)

PCAD id: 14845