AKA: Wagner, Corydon, Jr.. and Eulalie Bloedel, House, Lakewood, WA

Structure Type: built works - dwellings - houses

Designers: Geoffrey Platt (architect); William Platt (architect)

Dates: constructed 1910

Gravelly Lake Road
Lakewood, WA

OpenStreetMap (new tab)
Google Map (new tab)
click to view google map

This house was remodeled c. 1950 by Corydon Wagner, Jr., who obtained the services of the Platt, Wyckoff and Coles, New York architects. Senior architects at Platt, Wyckoff and Coles were William (1897-1984) and Geoffrey Platt (1905-1985), the sons of Charles Adams Platt (1861-1933), the architect of the R.D. Merrill House (1908-1909), where Eulalie Merrill Wagner was raised. The Wagners also commissioned landscape architecture work from the San Francisco-based designer, Thomas Church. Eulalie Wagner recommended Church to her sister Virginia Bloedel for work on their new estate on Bainbridge Island, (the former Josiah Collins House) now known as Bloedel Reserve.

PCAD id: 14762