Structure Type: built works - religious structures - synagogues; built works - religious structures - temples

Designers: Detlie and Peck, Architects (firm); Priteca, B. Marcus, Architect (firm); John Stewart Detlie Sr. (architect); Irene M. McGowan (interior designer); Raymond Holmes Peck (architect); Barnet Marcus Priteca (architect)

Dates: constructed 1959-1960

view all images ( of 1 shown)

1511 East Pike Street
Central District, Seattle, WA 98122-4199

OpenStreetMap (new tab)
Google Map (new tab)
click to view google map
Google Streetview (new tab)
click to view google map

Building History

This reformed congregation formed on 05/29/1899, and erected its first temple in 1907-1908. By the late 1950s efforts were underway to erect a new building on the corner of 16th Avenue and Peck Street, on the block just north of the first Temple De Hirsch. Seattle architect B. Marcus Priteca (1889-1971) collaborated with the firm of Detlie and Peck on this second place of worship, completing the temple in 1960. The sanctuary was named for the Alhadeff Family, significant philanthropists in the city.

Priteca had obtained commissions for at least two other synagogues in Seattle, WA, including 1930 and 1964 designs of the Sephardic Temple of Bikur Cholim.

Building Notes

Tel: 206.323.8486 (2011); ‎

PCAD id: 14734