Structure Type: built works - commercial buildings - stores

Designers: Graham, John and Company, Architects and Engineers (firm); John Graham Sr. (architect/engineer)

Dates: [unspecified]

1427 4th Avenue
Seattle, WA 98101-2215

OpenStreetMap (new tab)
Google Map (new tab)
click to view google map
Google Streetview (new tab)
click to view google map

Carroll Jewelers began operation in Pioneer Square in 1895. It moved north 18 years later, occupying space in the Joshua Green Building between 1913-2008. When the Green Building was built, Carroll's was the first tenant secured. Because the building was to undergo renovation in 2008, members of the Carroll Family decided that starting business in another location would not be feasible. The renovation sought to unify all of the first floor into one rentable property, too large for Carroll's.

Started in 1895 by Thomas J. Carroll, the store closed its doors 03/31/2008.

PCAD id: 11476