Structure Type: built works - commercial buildings - office buildings; built works - commercial buildings - stores

Designers: Houghton, Edwin W., Architect (firm); J. B. Bridges Jr. (designer); Edwin Walker Houghton (architect)

Dates: constructed 1901-1902

3 stories

view all images ( of 1 shown)

1336 2nd Avenue
Downtown, Seattle, WA 98101-2005

OpenStreetMap (new tab)
Google Map (new tab)
click to view google map
Google Streetview (new tab)
click to view google map
The Estabrook Building was located on the southeast corner of 2nd Avenue and Union Street.

Overview

The three-story Estabrook Building had a Neo-classical exterior, and housed storefronts on its first floor, and offices above. In 1904, the Norris Safe and Lock Company and Cline's Piano House occupoed the prime storefronts. The building was demolished; The Seattle Symphony's Benaroya Hall occupied the site after 1997.

Building History

A note in the Seattle Daily Times in 03/1900 read: "The Estabrook is now nearly ready for occupancy." (See "Notes," Seattle Daily Times, 03/24/1900, p. 13.)

Building Notes

A presentation drawing by J.B. Bridges, Jr., dated 1899, showed the Chicago Furniture and Stove Company as the main tenant of the first floor retail space of the Estabrook Building.

PCAD id: 6142