Structure Type: built works - public buildings - courthouses

Designers: Siebrand and Heide, Architects (firm); August Franklin Heide (architect); Carl A.L.E. Siebrand (architect)

Dates: constructed 1909-1910

view all images ( of 2 shown)

3001 Rockefeller Avenue
Everett, WA 98201

OpenStreetMap (new tab)
Google Map (new tab)
click to view google map
Google Streetview (new tab)
click to view google map

Building History

Following the fire that destroyed the first Richardsonian Romanesque Snohomish Courthouse on 08/02/1909, the county bureaucracy operated in a courthouse annex. The architect of the original courthouse, August Heide (1862-1943), was retained for the second. Heide and a collaborator, Carl Siebrand (1866-1938), created a new Mission Revival Style courthouse; Heide moved to San Francisco from Seattle in about 1908, and would have seen many Mission Revival buildings being built throughout California. Three of the original arches used in the 1897 building were reused in the 1909-1910 facility. Construction of the new building occurred rapidly, with the work being completed in 1910.

Building Notes

The architects August Heide and Carl Siebrand worked together for a brief time, 1910-1911; they may have partnered to do the Snohomish County Courthouse #2, to replace the first that burned in 1909. Heide designed the first courthouse in Everett, WA, in 1897.

National Register of Historic Places (Listed 1975-12-06): 75001870 NRHP Images (pdf) NHRP Registration Form (pdf)

PCAD id: 5424