Structure Type: built works - exhibition buildings - museums

Designers: Holmes, J. Lister, Architect (firm); Naramore, Bain, Brady, and Johanson, (NBBJ) (firm); Thiry, Paul, AIA, Architect (firm); William James Bain Jr. (architect); William James Bain Sr. (architect); Clifton J. Brady (architect); Joseph Lister Holmes Sr. (architect); Perry Bertil Johanson (architect); Floyd Archibald Naramore (architect); Paul Albert Thiry Sr. (architect)

Dates: constructed 1948-1950, demolished 2014

2700 24th Avenue East
Seattle, WA 98112-2011

OpenStreetMap (new tab)
Google Map (new tab)
click to view google map
Google Streetview (new tab)
click to view google map
Lat: 47.64556 Lon: -122.29972: 2161 East Hamlin Street

Overview

Paul Thiry's Museum of History and Industry #1 (MOHAI) suffered from a bad location, sited too near the ever-expanding 520 Bridge site.

Alteration

Additions were made in 1958, 1970, by Naramore, Bain, Brady, and Johanson (NBBJ), and 1961 by J. Lister Holmes. Efforts were made to move MOHAI to another site in 2007; these attempts failed and MOHAI was slated for demolition. The museum transferred to a location in South Lake Union.

PCAD id: 5139