AKA: Carnegie Library, Azusa, CA

Structure Type: built works - social and civic buildings - libraries

Designers: Marsh, Norman Foote, Architect (firm); Norman Foote Marsh (architect)

Dates: constructed 1908-1910

213 East Foothill Boulevard
Azusa, CA 91702-2514

OpenStreetMap (new tab)
Google Map (new tab)
click to view google map
Google Streetview (new tab)
click to view google map

A library association had formed in Azusa, CA as early as 1887; this Carnegie Library served the city between 1910-1959; Norman F. Marsh had a busy practice in Azusa c. 1910, having designed the second building for the First Methodist Church and remodeled the A.P. Griffith Block there; the Azusa City Hall now stands on this plot, at the corner of Foothill Boulevard and Azusa Avenue; the City of Asuza donated the land for the library and the Carnegie Foundation granted $10,000 for construction and furnishings; the building was a stately, small-scale example of the Classical Revival Style;

In 1928 an addition was made, so that the building could share space with city offices;

Demolished in 1959 to make room for a new city hall;

PCAD id: 3613