AKA: 1405 4th Avenue North, Queen Anne, Seattle, WA

Structure Type: built works - dwellings - houses

Designers: Jennings, Stephen Austin, Architect (firm); Stephen Alston Jennings (architect)

Dates: constructed 1907

2 stories

1405 4th Avenue North
Queen Anne, Seattle, WA 98109

OpenStreetMap (new tab)
Google Map (new tab)
click to view google map
Google Streetview (new tab)
click to view google map

A Seattle dentist, James W. Ball built this house in 1907; they resided here until 1919, when they sold it to Dr. Walter and Katherine Lippincott. The Lippincott's erected a garage on the property in 1921 in place of an existing stable. Well-to-do, the physician and his wife maintained several residences, and had rented 1405 4th Avenue by the late 1930s. Alfred and Enid Sobieranski owned the dwelling from about 1941-1957, selling it to Dee and Barbara Eberhart (1958-1963), who, in turn, sold it to Verle and Chloris Heisel who owned the property c. 1963-1975. The engineer Sanford S. Short owned the house from c. 1975-1996. Another owner bought the property in 1997 and set about renovating it.