Structure Type: built works - dwellings -public accommodations - hotels

Designers: [unspecified]

Dates: constructed 1906, demolished 1907

This 110-room temporary hotel opened in Union Square about 40 days after the 04/18/1906 San Francisco Earthquake and Fire. It was superseded by a permanent, rebuilt Saint Francis, also designed by Bliss and Faville, that opened in 1907.

It operated from about 06/1906-1907.

Demolished 1907.

PCAD id: 13811