Structure Type: built works - recreation areas and structures

Designers: Engineering Enterprise, Engineers (firm); Gayner Engineers, Mechanical and Electrical Engineers (firm); Marion, Cerbatos and Tomasi, Electrical Engineers (firm); Marquis Associates, Architects (firm); Marshall Associates, Engineers (firm); Plant Brothers Corporation, Building Contractors (firm); Polk, Willis, and Company (firm); Richard Cerbatos (electrical engineer); Eric Elsesser (structural engineer); Nicholas Forell (structural engineer); Gayner (engineer); Mui Ho (architect); Marion (electrical engineer); Robert B. Marquis (architect); Marshall (engineer); Phyllis Martin-Vegue (interior designer); Plant (building contractor); Plant (building contractor); Willis Jefferson Polk (architect); Catherine J. Simon (architect); Tomasi (electrical engineer); Jon Peter Winkelstein (architect)

Dates: constructed 1927

San Francisco, CA

OpenStreetMap (new tab)
Google Map (new tab)
click to view google map

The yacht club was completed three years after architect Willis J. Polk's death.

According to architects Robert Marquis and Cathy Simon, Willis Polk designed the Saint Francis Yacht Club as his version of the Monterey Customs House.

Rebuilt after catastrophic fire in 12/1976 by Marquis Associates. All interiors and many walls had to be completely replaced. J. Peter Winkelstein acted as Partner-in-Charge of the Yacht Club alteration; Mui Ho served as the Project Architect.

PCAD id: 12948