Originally accessed:
City of Los Angeles
"January 15, 1904 marked a momentous day for Los Angeles commerce, as Henry Huntington's Southern Pacific Railroad headquarters, located on the corner of 6th and Main, officially opened and began its operations as the principal downtown terminal for Pacific Electric’s distinctive wood and steel Red Cars. Befitting both its significant role in the city’s development and its financer’s wealth and extravagance, architect Thornton Fitzhugh designed the massive ten-story structure in a Beaux Arts style of architecture that drew its inspiration from Classical and Roman monuments."
Associated With: