AKA: University of Washington Thomson Hall, Seattle, WA

Structure Type: built works - public buildings - schools - university buildings

Designers: Heath, Gove and Bell, Architects (firm); Lea, Pearson, and Richards, Architects (firm); Herbert A. Bell (architect); George Gove (architect); Frederick Henry Heath (architect); Lea (architect); Pearson (architect); John Greenway Richards (architect)

Dates: constructed 1948

University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98195

OpenStreetMap (new tab)
Google Map (new tab)
click to view google map
Located on the University of Washington campus;

This UW building was named for David Thomson, who taught Latin and held administrative positions on campus for 45 years.

The old, Tacoma-based firm of Heath, Gove and Bell designed Thomson Hall to fit into the rest of the Quad's Collegiate Gothic styling, even though this was considered by many architects of the late 1940s to have been passe.

PCAD id: 8747