AKA: Centinela Freeman Regional Medical Center, Memorial Campus, Inglewood, CA
Structure Type: built works - public buildings - hospitals
Dates: constructed 1954
Grace Howland Freeman (1870-1956), daughter of the landowner, lawyer and developer Daniel Freeman (1837-1918), donated 9 acres of her property to the Sisters of Saint Joseph of Carondelet in 1942 for the purpose of erecting a hospital. This hospital, named for the Ontario-born businessman and USC benefactor, opened in 1954, designed by A.C. Martin and Associates. In addition to this main hospital, the Sisters of Saint Joseph of Carondelet bought Marina Mercy Hospital, Marina del Rey, CA, (built in 1969) in 1980; Dallas-based Tenet Healthcare bought these two Carondolet hospitals in 2001, and added the former Milton Hospital (built 1924), later called Centinela Hospital, to its 3-location Centinela Freeman Health System in 2004. After this time, Daniel Freeman Memorial was known as "Centinela Freeman Regional Medical Center, Memorial Campus."
In 2011, the Centinela Freeman Regional Medical Center, Memorial Campus, had 358 beds.
PCAD id: 6355