AKA: Palo Alto Art Club, Palo Alto, CA

Structure Type: built works - religious structures - churches

Designers: Maybeck, Bernard R., Architect (firm); Bernard Ralph Maybeck (architect)

Dates: constructed 1906-1907

855 Cowper Street
Professorville, Palo Alto, CA 94301

OpenStreetMap (new tab)
Google Map (new tab)
click to view google map
Google Streetview (new tab)
click to view google map

This first Unitarian church was located in downtown Palo Alto, CA, at the corner of Cowper Street and Channing Street; the Palo Alto Art League purchased the church in 1952 and stayed in the facility until its move to 668 Ramona Street in 1965;

The congregation added an addition on the north side of the church in 1914; it was used originally for Sunday School classes; in the 1950s, this addition served the Palo Alto Art Club as an exhibit gallery and art studios;

Demolished;

PCAD id: 3951